Monday, August 24, 2009

Unanswered Questions...

Some unanswered questions from the weekend...

Since Eric Bruntlett was the one who put the Phillies in the jam to begin with, does he really deserve that much credit for the triple play? I mean, it's like an outfielder misjudging a fly ball then making a diving catch to get it. If you just would have done it right the first time (or in Bruntlett's case, the first two times), all the drama could have been avoided.

Did Jim Rice really lump Derek Jeter in the same sentence as Manny Ramirez and A-Rod when talking about baggy uniforms, dread locks and steroids?

Why people get drunk and get behind the wheel of a car still baffles me.

Does Brett Favre really make the Vikings any better?

How much do you think the White House pays Bill Maher and Keith Olbermann to spew their propaganda? (it's a fair question, since the Liberals accused the White House of doing the exact same thing from 2000-2008 with Fox News)

Why do players of yesteryear continue to be jealous of and judge today's players? (Jim Rice, Fran Tarkenton, et al) Different Eras. Different times. Let it go, fellas.

When the weekend started, I had 532 friends on Facebook. This morning, I had 529. What three people did I piss off this weekend?

What exactly is the over/under on number of weeks before Nate Davis the starting QB in San Francisco?

I love conspiracy theories, but if the NHL "conspired" to have the Penguins win the Stanley Cup so that the face of the league (Crosby) could have the Cup for better league recognition, then where has all the PR coverage been this summer?

I know the Yankee fans are gleeful after taking two of three from the Red Sox over the weekend, but can they really be that excited heading into the playoffs knowing their three best pitchers pitched over the weekend, and the Sox scored 29 runs in 3 games?

Kyle Orton looks like, well, Kyle Orton and Chris Simms is already hurt because, well, because he's Chris Simms. Whos' QBing that ship in Denver?

Who is Tom Brandstater? (see question above)

When exactly did insurance become a non-profit business? It's not like I get my health coverage from the United Way or Salvation Army.

Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain are great pitchers. So is Dan Haren. But why isn't anyone mentioning Josh Johnson's name in the NL Cy Young race?

I don't understand the people that brag when their Football team wins a pre-season game (and you all know who you are). The Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the pre-season last year and we all know how that turned out. I have two words for the pre-season braggarts - Shut Up!

Other than the Yankees, Dodgers, Phillies, Cardinals and Angels, who is making the MLB playoffs? September's gonna be fun.

If Government officials aren't going to be subjected to Obama's new health plan, then can we really trust that it's going to be all that good? They don't trust their own plan on their families, but it's good enough for the American public? Not so sure I want to be a guinea pig.

Are you really baseball's best rivalry when there was a solid 15 year period (1980-1995) that you had trouble selling out games against each other?

3 comments:

  1. You actually know how many friends you have on facebook??? I have no clue...maybe I should pay attention to who is defriending me :-) I'd assume if they defriend me and I don't notice, it wasn't someone with whom I'm actually friends with...who knows...

    ReplyDelete
  2. K-dub, I don't who the three people were that defriended me. SO, like you said, guess we weren't really all that close. And, I just noticed I am now down to 528....so apparently, someone read my blog and was offended. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never know, I may have pissed them off :-) Oh, well!

    ReplyDelete